Petition sent by G. Sugumaran, Secretary, Federation for People’s Rights (FPR), Puducherry on 03.07.2009 to Honourable Chief Justice of India, Supreme Court and Honourable Chief Justice, High Court of Madras.
I am the Secretary of the Federation for People’s Rights (FPR), Puducherry, an organization fighting for Human Rights from 1989 and submitting this petition in the interest of public for your kind and necessary action.
1. The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) had registered a case and conducting the investigation on the mark scandal that took place in Pondicherry University. Two persons were arrested by the CBI and one Dr. Krishnsmurthy and his son Kiruba Sridhar, third year student in private medical college in Puducherry are yet to be arrested, who were absconding.
2. The above said Doctor and his son filed a Petition for grant of Anticipatory Bail at High Court of Madras, which came for enquiry on 30.06.2009 before Honourable Justice R. Ragupathy. At that time the Honourable Judge has made an open statement in the open Court that ‘a Union Minister has interfered to decide in favour of the petitioners.’ This has been widely covered in media.
3. This incident shocked the people who were having faith in Judiciary. I also appreciate the courage of the Honourable Judge who exposed the interference of politicians in Judiciary. It’s a great threat to Independent Judiciary. Further the Honourable Judge should come out with the name of the Union Minister concerned.
4. The eminent legal experts of India condemned this incident in strongest possible terms, which is a great challenge to Judiciary. They have also expressed that the act of Union Minister is cognizable under contempt proceedings and stressed for action against the Minister concerned. By this act the Union Minister violated the oath taken that he would abide by Constitution.
5. I would like to draw your kind attention on the statement made by Honourable Justice J.S. Varma, Former Chief Justice of India, ‘there is no point of punishing someone for small offence, if you don’t take action against the powerful and the high and the mighty.’
6. I humbly request your authority to initiate suo moto proceedings against the Minister concerned in order to uphold the Supremacy of the Judiciary and independent functioning of Judges. And also take necessary steps and instruct the Central Government to launch stringent action against the Minister concerned, so as to stop its recurrence in future.
7. I would like to bring to your kind notice that the mark scandal have been jointly done by the officials of Pondicherry University and by affluent persons. I request your authority to take steps to bring book the higher ups and unmask them before the Society.
8. Further, one Jayaraman, an employee of Pondicherry University, who have been brought to light the mark scandal have been murdered by unidentified goondas on 20.05.2008. Crime No. 45/2008 U/S 302 IPC in the file of Kalapet Police Station, Puducherry. Not even a single person was arrested in this case till date.
9. Durairaj brother of the said deceased Jayaraman had filed a Petition before the High Court of Madras for issuing a direction to entrust the above said murder case to CBI. Crl.O.P. No. 1565 of 2008. He has alleged that J. Sampath, Controller of Examination and one Gowribai, Dealing Assistant in the Examination Wing of the Pondicherry University indulged in this mark scandal. This case is still pending in the High Court. Jayaraman himself have given evidence on the above fact that both of them compelled him to accept the crime. It was recorded by the Kalapet police in front of a Doctor, while the said Jayaraman attempted for suicide on 18.02.2008 and admitted in PIMS, a private hospital. Crime No. 18/2008 in the file of Kalapet Police Station. This statement still stands as a dying declaration disclosing the culprits.
10. In this context I humbly request your authority to take necessary steps to arrest all the officials and faculty involved in this mark scandal.
11. I humbly request your authority that the case pertaining to the murder of said Jayaraman should be handed over to CBI, as Puducherry Police failed to make any progress in this case till date.